The Silencer LVT™ maintains the beauty of your floor like nothing else.
The Silencer LVT™ underlayment can stand up to the pressure.
- Silencer LVT™ is made with high-density polyurethane foam using rapidly renewable resources (soybean polyols and vegetable oils)
- Suitable for floating, glue down, LVT and vinyl plank flooring.
- New revolutionary moisture barrier film for the best bond strength, durability and moisture protection up to 7 lbs. of pressure. In geographic areas where concrete subfloors are subject to excessive moisture, a calcium chloride moisture test is required. Vapor emission readings in excess of 7 lbs. per 1,000 square feet in 24 hrs. will require additional protection such as concrete sealant or polyethylene sheeting.
- Contains an antimicrobial protection that resists mold and mildew
- Crushpruf™ technology resists indentation that enables your floors to perform to its fullest potential and last a lifetime
- Eliminates minor subfloor imperfections
- Offers the industry's best limited lifetime warranty
- Suitable for radiant heat flooring systems
- Dry, completely cured concrete (at least 14 days old with HVAC operating)
- 3/4" interior plywood, OSB flooring, gypsum board, gypcrete
- Waterproofing and crack-isolation membranes
- Cement backer units
- Existing vinyl, wood, and laminate floors
QUICK AND EASY INSTALLATION
- Subfloor should be clean and dry
- Follow the wood manufacturer's installation instructions for any additional preparation
cuts with a knife
- Install Silencer LVT™ with film UP on subfloor
- For floating installations, roll out underlayment next to wall. Roll out next row in same manner butting underlayment close to first row (do not overlap). Seal the seams with a moisture resistant tape. Floating vinyl planks must be a minimum thickness of 4mm.
For double glue installations, use an acrylic or pressure-sensitive adhesive (based on the adhesive manufacturer's requirement) with a 1/16" trowel on the subfloor. Roll out underlayment next to wall. Roll out next row in same manner butting underlayment close to first row (do not overlap). Roll with a 75 – 100 lb. roller to smooth out any air pockets and to secure a good bond to the adhesive.
- Install flooring according to the vinyl manufacturer's installation instructions
Available in 3' x 33.34' (100 sq. ft.) rolls
100% High-Density Polyurethane foam underlayment bonded to a moisture vapor film
Thickness — .055"
Density — 30 LBS
Weight — 2.65 oz/sq.ft.
Thermal Resistance — R-Value .17
Compression Resistance @ 50% — 41.5 psi
Compression Set @ 50% — 4%
Flammability Rating — Passes Federal Flammability Standards DOC-FF-1-70
Smoke Density — Passes, 110 max
Product Emissions — Exceeds VOC emissions requirements, environmentally friendly
SOUND ABSORPTION PROPERTIES
Impact Insulation Class (IIC) This method is to measure the impact sound transmission performance of a floor-ceiling assembly (sound transmission through the floor)
Sound Transmission Class (STC) This method is to measure the air-borne sound insolating property of a partition element for effectiveness in blocking sound
|IIC||Flooring||Sub-Floor||73||Silencer LVT||6" concrete with ceiling assembly
||53||Silencer LVT||6" concrete with NO ceiling assembly|
Delta IIC The db rating difference between a floor measured with an underlayment and with no underlayment
|68||vinyl plank||6" concrete with ceiling assembly|
|51||vinyl plank||6" concrete with NO ceiling assembly|
IIC — 22 — (up to a 78% db sound reduction)
MR 6 — Rapidly renewable resource
EQ 4.3 — low emitting VOC's