Foam Products Line Of Underlayments:
Silencer SA Self-Adhesive
Eco Ultimate Silencer
Eco Silencer HD FOF
Eco Silencer +
Silencer SR Blue
Silencer SR Pink
Premium PE Foam
|Silencer™ Luxury Vinyl Tile |
Silencer LVT™ Acoustical underlayment is suitable for glue down and floating LVT, WPC (solid core vinyl planks), and vinyl plank flooring installations. Offers the best support, moisture protection and sound absorption for your floors.
- Made with high-density polyurethane foam
- Reduces floor noise by providing excellent sound absorption
- Exceeds Air Quality and Flammability standards
- 100% recyclable and environmentally friendly
- Contains Ultra-Fresh™ anti microbial treatment
- Quick and easy installation
- Eliminates minor subfloor imperfections
- Adds thermal value and suitable for use with radiant heat flooring
The Silencer LVT™ maintains the beauty of your floor like nothing else.
The Silencer LVT™ underlayment can stand up to the pressure.
- Silencer LVT™ is made with high-density polyurethane foam using rapidly renewable resources (soybean polyols and vegetable oils)
- Suitable for floating, glue down, LVT, WPC (solid core vinyl planks), and vinyl plank flooring.
- New revolutionary moisture barrier film for the best bond strength, durability and moisture protection up to 7 lbs. of pressure. In geographic areas where concrete subfloors are subject to excessive moisture, a calcium chloride moisture test is required. Vapor emission readings in excess of 7 lbs. per 1,000 square feet in 24 hrs. will require additional protection such as concrete sealant or polyethylene sheeting.
- Contains Ultra-Fresh™, an antimicrobial protection that resists mold and mildew
- Crushpruf™ technology resists indentation that enables your floors to perform to its fullest potential and last a lifetime
- Eliminates minor subfloor imperfections such as unlevel surface over an open span (up to 3/16" in a 10ft radius), small concrete cracks up to 1/8" wide)
- Offers the industry's best limited lifetime warranty
- Suitable for radiant heat flooring systems
- This product exceeds ASTM test for compression strength required for some vinyl plank manufacturers
- Dry, completely cured concrete (at least 14 days old with HVAC operating)
- 3/4" interior plywood, OSB flooring, gypcrete (must be primed before glue down)
- Waterproofing and crack-isolation membranes
- Cement backer units
- Existing vinyl, wood, and laminate floors
QUICK AND EASY INSTALLATION
- Subfloor should be clean, dry and level
- Follow the wood manufacturer's installation instructions for any additional preparation
Underlayments cuts with a knife
- Install Silencer LVT™ with film UP.
- Floating installations, roll out underlayment next to wall. Roll out next row in same manner butting underlayment close to first row (do not overlap). Seal the seams with a moisture resistant tape. Install LVT/vinyl plank per manufacturer's instructions
- Residential glue down installations, same as above, then apply adhesive to the top side of the underlayment per LVT/vinyl plank manufacturer's instructions. Double glue down is optional.
Commercial glue down installations: underlayment must first be bonded to the subfloor with adhesive, preventing any movement on the floor. Double glue down is required.
Double glue installations, use Silencer QuickLay spray adhesive or other pressure-sensitive trowel adhesives (based on the adhesive manufacturer's requirement) using a 1/16" trowel on the subfloor. Roll out underlayment next to wall. Roll out next row in same manner butting underlayment close to first row (do not overlap). Roll with a 75 - 100 lb. roller to smooth out any air pockets and to secure a good bond to the adhesive. then apply adhesive to the top side of the underlayment per LVT/vinyl plank manufacturer's instructions. After flooring is installed, roll with a 75 – 100 lb. to secure a good bond to the adhesive.
- Always install flooring according to the vinyl manufacturer's installation instructions.
Available in 3' x 33.34' (100 sq. ft.) rolls
100% High-Density Polyurethane foam underlayment bonded to a moisture vapor film
Thickness — .060"
Density — 30 LBS
Weight — 2.65 oz/sq.ft.
Antimicrobial Treatment — ULTRA-FRESH™
Thermal Resistance — R-Value .17
Compression Resistance ASTM D3676 — 41.51 psi
Compression Set ASTM D3574 — 4%
Flammability Rating — Passes Federal Flammability Standards DOC-FF-1-70
Smoke Density — Passes, 110 max
Product Emissions — Exceeds VOC emissions requirements, environmentally friendly
SOUND ABSORPTION PROPERTIES
Impact Insulation Class (IIC) This method is to measure the impact sound transmission performance of a floor-ceiling assembly (sound transmission through the floor)
Sound Transmission Class (STC) This method is to measure the air-borne sound insolating property of a partition element for effectiveness in blocking sound
|73||vinyl plank||6" concrete with ceiling assembly|
|53||vinyl plank||6" concrete with NO ceiling assembly|
|55||vinyl plank||8" concrete with NO ceiling assembly|
|52||vinyl plank||wood joist with batt insulation|
|55||vinyl plank||wood joist (type 5 assembly), glue down|
Delta IIC The db rating difference between a floor measured with an underlayment and with no underlayment
|68||vinyl plank||6" concrete with ceiling assembly|
|51||vinyl plank||6" concrete with NO ceiling assembly|
|55||vinyl plank||8" concrete with NO ceiling assembly|
|57||vinyl plank||wood joist with batt insulation|
|58||vinyl plank||wood joist (type 5 assembly), glue down|
IIC — 22 — (up to a 78% db sound reduction)
MR 6 — Rapidly renewable resource
EQ 4.3 — low emitting VOC's